Malaysians went to the polls yesterday, March 8. The election results have shocked the nation as five states have been won by the Opposition comprising DAP, PKR and PAS.
However, Barisan Nasional will form the next government having won more than half of the Parliamentary seats and the federal territory. Barisan National is reeling from its worst ever election performance.
The five states won by the Opposition are Kedah, Penang, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan.
The State of Parliament stands at: BN = 136; Opposition = 80 (PKR = 29; DAP = 28; PAS = 23).
Among the results yesterday were:
- The Barisan lost Kedah, Penang, Perak and Selangor,
- PAS strengthened grip on Kelantan,
- Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting won in their seats,
- Among ministers who lost their seats were Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu, Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin,
- Gerakan acting president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon lost to Dr P. Ramasamy in the Batu Kawan parliamentary seat.
Meanwhile, party leaders urged for calm and police have banned all victory celebrations.
Video clip of the PM's post-election press conference
More..BN wins federal govt but opposition takes five states
1Malaysia Development Bhd Saga continues.. - A pretty picture.. Recognise the gentleman in the picture? Never mind the lady though she's the newly-crowned Model of the Year. This post is about him. ...
3 days ago