Thursday, April 21, 2011

Application to replace IC can be done online

Malaysians can now apply for a replacement of their MyKad without having to go to the NRD counters but can do so online through the National Registration Department's (NRD) official website.

Replacement applications involve

1. Damaged chips or cards
2. Normal replacement
3. Replace of lost MyKad, not more than five times

For the moment, payment online for replacement cards could only be made using credit cards. Payment through the e-Banking facility would be made available in the future.

Applications could be made through NRD's portal from 8am to 11pm on Monday to Friday, 8am to 2pm on Saturday and 8am to 9pm on Sunday.

Status of MyKad applications can be viewed online. Applicants can also select where to collect their card.

Leadtime for online applications is the same as for counter applications, which is 24 hours for those collecting from the Putrajaya NRD, 10 working days from any other NRD office in the peninsula and 30 working days from any NRD branch in Sabah, Sarawak or Labuan, reported Bernama.

This is the website:
This MyKad Replacement FAQ page may be helpful to provide some answers..

For Malaysians overseas, online application will save you from having to go through the hassle of travelling to Malaysian embassies in the country you are located.

If you have a query as to whether you can have MyKad delivered to you or assign someone else to collect your MyKad on your behalf, the answer is in a comment below.

Related articla:
Lost IDs? No need to tell cops now


Lrong said...

Hmm, that's nice to know... will keep this in mind...

Anonymous said...

If im overseas do they mail it to me? Or can i get someone else to pick it up and send it to me?

HappySurfer said...

Hi Professor, yeah, good info to KIV.

Hi Anonymous, I'm afraid I do not have an answer for you. You may want to write to them to find out. Thanks for stopping by.

HappySurfer said...

Anonymous, found the answer to your query:

10) Can I get my MyKad delivered to me?
No, MyEG Services does not deliver your MyKad. You may check your application status at JPN website (click here to go to the page) to clarify the status of your application. Once the new MyKad is ready, you have to personally proceed to the counter as chosen during the application to collect and verify your thumbprint. You need to bring your MyEG’s JPN receipt together with your old MyKad or Temporary Identity Document (KPPK09) during collection.

11) Can I ask somebody else to collect my new MyKad on my behalf?
No, you need to be present during the collection of MyKad at the JPN counter.
This is required as JPN will verify your thumbprint upon collection of the MyKad.
Please surrender your old MyKad upon collection or Temporary Identity Document (KPPK09). A failure of returning your old MyKad will be charged as card lost.

More Frequently-asked questions can be found on their FAQ page.

Yuyu said...

I just lost my IC but thanks for your info sharing, helped me a lot.

Leung Wan Yee said...

Hi happysurfer. I lost my receipt for the collection of my malaysia IC. Do you know ks there any other options I can collect my ic?

HappySurfer said...

YuYu, good to know. Thank you.

Leung Wan Yee, oh dear but if I were you I'd still go to the NRD to find out. There must be a way. Best of luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...