Here is a chance to visit a floating book fair on board a ship.
MV Logos Hope will be docking in Port Klang on Sept 28. Members of the public can go on board and visit the book fair, the international cafe as well as interact with the international crew. It is open from Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10am to 10pm and Sundays from 1pm to 10 pm.
Logos Hope can hold up to 800 visitors at any time, with capacity to host an additional 700 in the Hope Theatre and Logos Lounge. This publicly accessible deck offers visitors an introduction to the vessel and the organization, a book fair featuring around 7,000 different titles, a visual presentation called the Journey of Life and the International Cafe.
MV Logos Hope is operated by the German non-profit organization GBA Ships e.V. All crew members are volunteers.
How to get there? To get there without hassle and not having to drive there yourself, Plusliner Travel & Tours is providing bus services to visit the floating library. There are two departure points, one at Terminal Bersepadu Selatan-Bandar Tasik Selatan (TBS-BTS) and the other Port Klang KTM commuter station.
The service costs between RM8 and RM21. For more information, you can call 1-300-888-KTB (528).
Following is a schedule of upcoming ports MV Logos Hope will be visiting or is now docked at:
* Penang, Malaysia – August 18th, 2011 – September 27th, 2011
* Port Klang, Malaysia – September 28th, 2011 – October 24th, 2011
* Kuching, Malaysia – October 27th, 2011 – November 15th, 2011
* Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia - November 17th, 2011 - December 13th, 2011
* Singapore, Singapore - December 16th, 2011 - December 28th, 2011
* Cebu, Philippines - January 13th, 2012 - February 14th, 2012
* Manila, Philippines - February 16th, 2012 - March 14th, 2012