Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Are You A Survivor?


I love watching the telly. When I travel, one of the things I would miss is the good ole tv. I find that you learn quite a bit of things on tv. Remember that tv series, McGyver? It was one of my very favorite series. Do you remember him? The guy who was able to get himself out of any situation? Boy, was he a survivor. And I have learned much from watching that series. Talk about resourcefulness and taking advantage of the common items and situations around you.

If I were to be stranded in a city with no resources, I wouldn't know what to do. Actually, I haven't given it much thought but if that were to happen, I would first look for shelter in some home and help out in exchange for the shelter. Then I'd go to some eatery to seek employment. That should take care of food in the meantime. I believe no one can go hungry or shelterless if one puts some commonsense and hardwork into good use.

Back to McGyver, I hear there is a new show along the same line, USA Network's Burn Notice. It's about a CIA Operative or spy, Michael Westen, who was fired while on an assignment. He has no idea who would want him dead and he's determined to find out. Having no resources and no one to turn to, he began to help those who the police can't or won't, in order to fund his ongoing personal investigation. Miami, his hometown, is where he heads to. Check out this exciting new series and learn how he survives.

It will take awhile before the series come to our shores but I expect a great series with thrills and spills and lots of lessons to be picked up.

By the way, what's a Burn Notice you might ask. It is an official statement by one intelligence agency to other agencies, domestic or foreign, that an individual or group is unreliable.

Burn Notice premieres Thursday, June 28 at 10/9C on USA Network and stars Jeffrey Donovan as agent Michael Westen. The cast includes stars Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...