This is Dataran Merdeka, being set up for tonight's countdown party. Like cities around the world, Kuala Lumpur is also gearing up for this crossover to the next decade. You will find countdown parties all over the Klang valley, just take your pick of venues which include
1.Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Come dressed like Lady Gaga and stand to win attractive prizes. The best Lady Gaga outfit and five lucky winners will receive a RM500 Calvin Klein fragrance hamper. The funky entertainment starts from 9pm with Fly FM, a Gaga Flash Mob, a drum percussion performance and Gaga Dancers. Check out real-time updates on Pavilion KL on facebook and twitter at @Pavilion_KL.
2. Sungei Wang Plaza. Come join the Chinese Street Party Concert featuring two international artistes and nine Malaysia talents in Jalan Sultan Ismail in front of Sungei Wang at 9.30pm. Performance by Taiwanese rock band formed by two brothers Yen Chih-Lin and Chiu-Hsin and Tank, another popular singer and songwriter. The local line up includes A Bin, Lan Kah Fai, Tedd Chan and Thomas Jack. Other performances will start at 6.30pm. At the stroke of midnight, revellers will be treated to a fireworks display. The road in front of Sungei Wang will be closed from 12.01am today till 5am tomorrow for the setting up of the concert stage. For more information log on to www.sungeiwang.com.
3. Dataran Merdeka. The Ambang 2011 Kuala Lumpur concert is scheduled to begin at 8pm in Dataran Merdeka. Performers include Mizz Nina, rock legend Amy Search, Malaysian Idol 2 winner, Daniel Lee, Datuk David Arumugam, Ramlah Ram, pop rock band Pop Shuvit and Ernie, the first-prize winner of Bintang RTM 2009. The party will end with a fireworks display.
4. SohoKL, Solaris Mont Kiara. Celebrations begin at 8pm (until 1am) with live music entertainment and captivating dance performances, samba style, to keep revellers entertained. A fireworks display will come on at the stroke of midnight. For event updates and direction to the venue, please visit www.sohokl.com. Entrance to the carnival is free.
5. Mutiara Damansara Commercial Centre. Countdown party starts at 8pm with performances by international artiste Colby O’Donis and local performers Tomok, Shila, Amy, Stella, Kay and Alvin. MDCC comprises the Curve, e@Curve and Ikano Power Centre. Expect an array of electrifying performances and even a mosh pit for the first 200 early birds. MC for the night is Celebrity emcee Vanessa Chong. Fireworks display at midnight.
6. i-City. i- City will be ushering in the New Year with the “Ambang Tahun Baru 2011” with local performers. Among the highlights are fireworks display and laser beams for the countdown as well as SnoWalk, an “Indoor Snowland” with temperature of -5°C, an air-conditioned canopy walkway that has multi-hues and other interesting teasers. Display of fireworks at the stroke of midnight.
7. Genting Highlands. Countdown parties at Genting Highlands are very popular with folks from Kuala Lumpur. Make your way to the Genting Outdoor Theme Park’s Merdeka Stage from 11pm onwards to participate in fun stage activities and to view the colourful fireworks at the stroke of midnight. Free entry to the Genting Outdoor Theme Park for all partrons from 7pm onwards today. Other places to party at Gentings include the Safari Disco and the Genting International Showroom located at Maxims Genting Hotel. The latter will be hosting a global dance event, Chivalrous Movement, today featuring some of the world’s top DJs. Early birds to Safari Disco (7.30pm-10pm) gets a complimentary mango or strawberry margarita drink each. Cover charge per in-house guest is RM45 nett and RM55 nett for walk-in guests respectively. For details, log on to www.rwgenting.com or call the Resorts World Genting hotline at 03-2718 1118 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 03-2718 1118 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or Marctensia hotline at 03-2092 1199 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 03-2092 1199
8. KL Tower. There is no countdown party at the KL Tower but you can watch all the fun at this strategic point in KL. The Kuala Lumpur Tower will offer a special price to the watch deck for both adults and children to view the fireworks display all over KL from the 276m tower. Adult fee is at RM20 while for children it's at RM10. Offer is open to everyone - local and international guests. Ticket sales at the KL Tower counter will begin today from 10pm until 1am tomorrow. For details, call 03- 2050 5444.
Other parties in the Klang Valley..
- Flo Lobby Lounge, Equatorial Hotel
- Palette@IOI Boulevard Puchong
- Centro Mall, Klang
- Shah Alam Convention Centre
- PJ Hilton